Friday, July 18, 2008

Hmmm....Where shall I start?

Over the past year I have been embracing many changes, from small things to big things, good things to bad things...some of my favorite changes are
  • Cooking - I never had any interest in learning to cook, and through 4 years of college I lived off Shin Ramen and fast food. But after getting married, I thought I should start learning. After many nights of failed dinners, I kinda sort of got the hang of it and is always looking for new and easy recipes, especially recipes for Asian food.
  • Ice Cream and Chocolate - The day of my college graduation I decided to quit smoking cold turkey. After 8 years, man this was so freaking hard! But I traded one bad habit for another, eating sweets. I was never the chocolate and ice cream type of person and rather have fruity popsicles and sour candies. I definitely paid for it by gaining 15 lbs within a 2 month period. It took me a grueling 3 years to finally shedding the lbs and then some.
  • Golf - Ugghhh I hate when my SO watches the golf channel, but after hitting some balls at the range, I somehow grew a fondness of this sport I once detested. It looks so damn easy, but quite the opposite.

and finally,

  • Makeup - being the lazy ass that I am, I hate spending more than 5 minutes on my hair and makeup. But after getting pampered and dolled up at my wedding, I decided makeup was going to be a part of my life. The past year, I started collecting makeup and now all I need is to know how to apply them.

I hope to pick up some pointers from you ladies and will post my makeup trials and tribulations here on this blog.

3 comments:

Ahleessa said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog! :) I wish I was there to help you make the chicken with potatoes, carrots, and onions. All I could tell you is practice definitely helps in the kitchen. When I first started cooking, it was a complete mess. I've gotten better within the years. I'm sure you will too! :)

Ahleessa said...

Your comment was so sweet! :) I'm just glad I'm helping at least one person in the blogging world. You can request, but I can't promise you anything. I'll just try my best. :)

Imee said...

i see ur quite new at blogging; well in that case WELOME! can't wait to see more of your work!